Classes are kept small and the service personalized
Your Massachusetts approved Basic Firearms Safety Class is taught by the owner - a credentialed, professional trainer who is dedicated to your success. At RKBA Personal Safety Training you don't have to worry about...
- Standing in long lines waiting for your turn to register or shoot.
- Finding yourself in the middle of a jam packed, over booked class with an overwhelmed instructor.
- Getting rushed through your class in just a few hours and missing out on important topics so that your room can be made available to the next group.
- Class time monopolized by unpaid “guests” ... sales prospects who are asking all the questions and using the equipment and resources that you are paying for?
- Leaving your class having fired just a handful of .22 target pistol rounds during less than 10 minutes worth of “range time?”
Being Big Doesn't Make it Best - Don't pay for "Down Time."
Too "big" can mean attending a class that’s congested like a rush-hour traffic jam; expect long delays and down time while you wait "your turn." It can also open the door to you feeling insecure about your ability to handle a firearm.
If your class does not prepare you properly, this will be evident to your police department's licensing officer, the sales staff at the gun store, your club's range safety officers, your friends, and the other shooters on the firing line when you struggle to use your gun for the first time.
Getting Your Firearms License to Carry the Right Way is Easy
At RKBA Personal Safety Training, we're about quality not quantity. After all, you are preparing for firearms ownership - this is not achieved through assembly-line training. Classes are kept small, and your interaction with the instructor is personal. Even someone with zero firearms experience will feel comfortable and respected. We’ve seen student after student go on with the confidence and knowledge they needed to become 100% ready for licensing, and now you can do it too.
Shooting is fun and exciting. And it can be part of your class.
When you shoot with us, an experienced Massachusetts certified instructor is guiding you through the steps of range safety and etiquette, gun handling, and marksmanship from start to finish.
By the way, we don’t stop at .22’s – those are for warming up.
In our Mass. Pistol License to Carry class, you will shoot more with us. You will complete your training having fired real ammunition from both revolvers and semiautomatics:
- Ruger Mark III (.22 Target Pistol),
- Ruger SP101 (.32 mid size revolver)
- Smith and Wesson M&P (9mm semi-automatic),
- Ruger Security Six (.38 police style revolver),
- Smith and Wesson 1911 (.45 ACP classic semi-auto pistol)
When you learn from me, you will be able to garner the respect of other shooters because for most people, shooting is a social activity. Proper training takes time; we don't run an "assembly line" or take shortcuts.
We provide an open and friendly environment which encourages participation and questions. Our students are closely supervised on the range and carefully guided through each step so they don't have to worry about forgetting what to do next or falling behind.
Attention to Detail and Total Support with No Hidden Costs
In addition to getting you 100% prepared to obtain your firearm permit, we make sure you have all the extra support you need.
Our Training Includes:
- Shooting revolvers and pistols in both target and self-defense calibers at an actual gun range.
- Helping you complete your LTC application.
- Assistance with formulating your request for an unrestricted (All Lawful Purposes) license
- Photography at the range among friends and family is allowed and encouraged.
- A comfortable classroom with complimentary bottled spring water, light beverages, and snacks.
- Ongoing support via the phone and/or email after you complete the course
Classes Fill Up Fast... Click here toSign up
Jeff Kaplan, your Principal
Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA and Massachusetts Certified
Firearms Instructor Jeff Kaplan,
is the founder and owner of RKBA
Personal Safety Training of
The school is intended for serious
students who expect superior
training and personal attention.
RKBA Personal Safety Training
provides state required training for
ARM YOURSELF with knowledge...
Exercise your right to keep and bear arms. Defend yourself and the ones you love. Participate in the shooting sports. Our professionally presented classes are certified by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
You can get your License to Carry or FID card now!
See the classes we offer